The Paraguayan Tax Authority has already introduced e-Invoice and released the timeline of implementing electronic invoice. The e-Invoice system is called SIFEN. Pilot phase started in 1 July 2022 for 246 companies. Scope of the obligation will expand gradually. You can see the timeline below;
- Obligation began for the first group of taxpayers on 2 January 2023
- Second group will join in 3 April 2023
- Fourth group in 3 July 2023
- Fifth group in 2 October 2023
- Sixth group in 2 January 2024
- Seventh group in 1 April 2024
- Eight group in 1 July 2024
- Last group in 1 October 2024
List of the companies which have started to submit invoices in electronic format due to their group published by SET. You can reach the official taxpayer list here.
Invoices must be generated in XML format, signed with digital signature and archived for at least 5 years.