e-Invoice in Indonesia
Companies registered in Java and Bali in Indonesia have been required to use electronic invoices since 1 July, 2015.
And as of July 1, 2016, all Indonesian companies have been required to use electronic invoices. The Indonesian Minister of Finance Bambang P.S. Brodjonegoro expects a successful electronic invoice implementation to raise the VAT revenue.
It stipulates that VAT Entrepreneurs (PKPs)located in Sumatra, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, Nusa Tenggara, Papua, and Maluku are required to use the e-tax invoice (e-Faktur) system when issuing their tax invoices effective from 1st July 2016. This requirement has applied to the PKPs in Java and Bali since 1st July 2015; therefore, by 1st July 2016, all PKPs in Indonesia should already have implemented the e-Faktur system.
New system stipulates the following important points:
- 1. The PKPs should register or activate their e-Faktur applications starting from 16 June 2016.
- 2. The PKPs should use their e-Faktur applications to prepare their VAT returns.
- 3. The PKPs should obtain the certificate of e-Faktur from the registered tax office.
- 4. Invoices that are not issued as e-Faktur or e-Fakturs, that are not issued in line with the procedures, shall be considered as not being issued and PKPs will be subjected to an administrative sanction of %2 of VAT base of related invoice.
- 5. On the buyer side, the received e-Faktur that they receive should be validated through the VAT input feature of e-Faktur application or by scanning the barcode or QR code list as printed on the e-Faktur.
- 6. VAT amount stated in the invoice which is not issued as e-Faktur or is not issued in line with the procedures cannot be credit as Input VAT.
How Can SNI Help You?
- A single partner for all
At SNI, our primary objective is to be the global partner to help our customers remain compliant in this new digital world.
- End-to-end solution all three
major steps in one single SAP add-on:
SNI covers all three 3 main layers for digital tax reporting and regulatory compliance
SNI Solution Architecture
Support for a long-term relationship
Main Features of SNI add-ons
- - Fully integrated into SAP without an external interface or use of external software
- - Globally registered «/SNI/» namespace for all objects
- - SAP Version independent. Supports SAP ERP 4.7 and higher and also S/4HANA versions
- - SAP release and upgrade independent; implemented without core modification
- - ABAP is the programming language
- - Installation is done simply by external transport file
- - All developments under a package
- - XML data stored in /SNI/ tables
- - Compatibility – working with XI/PI or e-invoice integrators
- - Standard SAP authorization used
- - User-friendly screens
- - Own customized tables
- - Own transaction codes and menus
Open-code applications, no dependency on vendor, fully working on SAP, developed entirely in ABAP language by SNI -a Certified Development Partner of SAP A.G. - . No need for any additional system or any extra web software (portal,etc.). and integrated with all modules.
Implementation of the solutions are simple almost as plug&play softwares while covering whole processes between legal authorities and firms. The maintenance and version upgrades are kept as simple as possible so that continuously changing legal requirement can be adopted very quickly.
Applications are designed by a team of SAP process and development experts. All processes are designed from an ERP and integration point of view considering users’ requirement and efficiency. Bottom line, efficiency of the end users is one of the main key points.
Continuous maintenance services are provided for each and every product with an online help desk and ticket management system (https://support.snitechnology.net). In a rapidly changing environment, upgrades by legal authorities are followed by SNI and applied to customers’ system on time based on a product version management system.